Sunday 31 January 2021

Goblobber

 The Goblobber

a not-so-good recast


Soooo - I got this on a trade for a few things and knew that it wasn't complete and missing a lot of things, such as the front panel, a few of the crew, the netted goblin ammunition, but I didn't mind until I received it in the post and after painting it a bit realised that the detail was kinda terrible, indicating a poor recast. Oh well. You can't win 'em all.


Ever since I was a kid and saw this in my local hobby shop in the fancy box, I marvelled at it, (alongside the orc man-mangler and the goblin lead-belcher),
and knew that I might never be able to afford it.
When the chance came along to acquire it (albeit incomplete), I thought, well, now is the time.



Although the models were poor and lacked detail of the original cast, I still appreciated what work must have gone into these sculpts, and to be honest, I wasn't really that disappointed compared to the joy of having something at least close to the original, and the quite liked the challenge of recreating the missing parts, such as the front wooden panel and the goblin heads and hand, requisitioned from gnoblar and snotling plastics.
The hammer weilder is actually another crossbow guy I had that was missing his crossbow, but I had the metal weapon sprue miner tools from '87 so I gave him the hammer. The Spotter I found in my collection already, but alas, he too was either a recast or had seen better days.



I have to admit, the true joy I found was with the chef.
Upon seeing him and his spit-roast on the original box, he was my favourite model in the entire Goblobber boxed set. Even though I made a very rough model of the missing spit and fireplace, putting superglue over the pig to give it a glistening shine, at least the chef was a good cast and now could cook alongside my oldest non-combat model - the curried oats chef.
I dare say the two of them shall expand their camp in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment