Tuesday 24 January 2023

Ironbreakers

 Ironbreakers


At last! The Ironbreakers unit is complete.
I had most of these guys finished already, but the shields looked pale and uninspiring, so I replaced them all, keeping only two of the original and then painted them all in vivd colours, representing the heat of the furnace where each ironbraker chips the anvil to attain status.


I do love the original 1980's Marauder Ironbreakers the best and they are some of my oldest minis. There is a sneaky miniture from Prince Ulther's Dragon company in the mix which, when I painted him had no idea about the regiment of renown, with the heraldry of the Argent Tower, a medieval reeactment group I ran for a while.
I never liked the overly armoured sculpts of the newer Ironbreakers, but the command unti wasn't too bad, and after some modifications and a bannerpole from the Anvil of Doom, it fit the unit nicely.

The first Ironbreaker I painted was this guy, way back when I swapped from enamels to acrylics.
The shield design is from the Merlin Tarot set.

No comments:

Post a Comment