Tuesday 27 September 2022

The Nightmare Continues

 Mounted Wraiths


What can I say? Who could resist a few very cheap, base painted mounted wraiths from the Nighthaunt range to add to the Undead army? Not me!

I had a blast painting these up from the usual light green base paint that everyone seems to favour these days, and matched the blue to white colour scheme to fit with the chainrasps that form the ethereals of the undead army.

I wanted to put the black skin colour back onto the nightmare steeds, firstly to match the dark cloaks of the riders, but secondly to create contrast between the skulls and the ribs.


I took the steeds from their oval sculpted bases, (which I may use later), and tranferred them to standard cavalry bases to fit the rest of the wight cavalry.

I certainly could have gone a lot further with the detail and shading on the mounts, but I also like the rugged and slightly rougher style too.


No comments:

Post a Comment